There are two issues that influence the room temperature measured:
1. the measuring principle: the UC… plastic cover perceives also the radiant part of the temperature, and changes it into increased temperature of the sensor body. If a black ball temperature sensor (such as http://products.domat-int.com/en/passive-temperature-sensors/178-pendulum-room-temperature-sensor.html) is used for reference purposes, a temperature close to what the UC… says would be measured. Most of the reference probes only measure the air temperature.
2. Another problem, of course, may be heat dissipation within the device. This is compensated by factory-set correction (which can be changed to fit the situation). But it already is set up so as to compensate the dissipation.
Please do check one thing: if the power supply voltage is higher than about 27 V, the internal overvoltage protection responds, and cuts its peaks. It may be a small voltage difference, but it is turned into heat, which then influences the whole inside of the UC… inclusive the sensor part. So an oscilloscope can be used to check if the power supply is a pure sine (OK), or a sine with cut peaks (not OK). An alternative is a thermal camera which shows if the heat is generated at the processor only, or also at the overvoltage protection element (a small component at the power supply teminals of the UC…).
Another reason may be the (warm) air coming from the piping in the wall where your cables are pulled, but this is not so probable. However, you can check if the pipes are sealed. We had such problem at one of the sites some time ago.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The installer includes the Merbon Visual application for industrial iPCs with the Windows operating system for visualizing the user interface. The application is fully compatible with PLCs with both Merbon RT and SoftPLC RT.
Among the catalog sheets in the Downloads section, new catalog sheets have been added for the UI309, UI310 and UI319 communicative room controllers.
- FW v214 for ELT sensor, PCB version D1051_V13
- FW v215 for SenseAir sensor, PCB version D1051_V15
- FW v215 for SenseAir sensor, PCB versionD1176_V11
The training is designed for PLC and SCADA programmers, but also for those who are interested in integrated systems with Modbus RTU and TCP. After completing, the participants will be able to specify, design and commission communication between a 3rd party Modbus device and a PLC or SCADA.
During this training you will learn about the news in the current version of Merbon IDE, the new Merbon IDE hardware, differences against the previous releases of Merbon IDE and the advanced full-featured workflow.
This training will be a basic introduction to the Merbon IDE.