The training is designed for PLC and SCADA programmers, but also for those who are interested in integrated systems with Modbus RTU and TCP. After completing, the participants will be able to specify, design and commission communication between a 3rd party Modbus device and a PLC or SCADA.
Date and time: 16th January 2020, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Venue: training center Klecany, Nám. Třebízského 424, 250 67 Klecany
- history, protocol usage, media, basic communication principles, master/slave
- addressing, Modbus functions, Modbus table, construction of the datagram, error codes
- RS485 communication, practical exercises, reading and writing to registers, procedure for integrating 3rd party devices
- analogue values and how to tackle them, HVAC integer, problems and their solutions
- examples of integration in SoftPLC and other programs
- Modbus / TCP, its relation to Modbus RTU, practical training
- Modbus TCP / RTU routing, network environment possibilities, Modbus RTU tunneling via virtual COM port
- requirements specification for 3rd party systems, examples of applications, advantages and disadvantages of different practical solutions
- optional practical exercises and discussions follow-on
The content of the training may vary depending on the requirements of the participants.
Please bring your own laptops with your favorite PLC and SCADA programs (RS485 converter if you have any), with Ethernet, with Windows 7 or later (Win8, Win8.1, Win10). You will also need to have .NET Framework 4.5 or later installed.
Make sure that you have administrator acces to your Windows system and set your IP address in the range of 192.168.1.x.
The training will be held in Czech language, but can also be in English at your request.
Please enroll at email@example.com.