There have been requests lately asking for help with MiniPLC (same situation is with touchscreen process stations, anyway) alarm e-mail configuration. E-mailing did not work, although during tests in the office everything was OK.
The problem was with SMTP server: the MiniPLC is connected to the Internet via a provider who is able to allow access to particular SMTP servers only to prevent spamming from within the network. Contact your ISP or network admin to get the necessary data:
- name or IP address of the SMTP server
- user name (if this is not an anonymous server – today, nearly all servers request authentification)
- password for this user name
- port which the server listens on
- is the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol used?
Enter those data in the Project alarms configuration menu of the Touchscreen Editor.
NB.: even RcWare Vision can send e-mails, you only have to use scripting. We will be pleased to send you a sample project, just drop a mail to email@example.com. What is it good for? For example, automatic energy readouts sent to the utility provider at the beginning of each month…