RcWare Vision is a SCADA system with rich possibilities of integration. Its recent versions take advantage of the most modern software tools and communication standards (e.g. Microsoft .NET). This means full backward compatibility and advanced subsystem networking of data acquisition and control stations at the same time.
The modularity of the system enables gradual construction of dispatching sites from the most simple visualization of metering data to distributed integrated systems. Special focus is put on high reliability, fast application engineering and easy setup even for less experienced users. The licensing policy makes the system available even for the smallest sites while large datapoint number licenses possess an upper price limit.
RcWare Vision is designed to make use of all the features of the MS Windows 32-bit operating system, series NT/2000/XP/7/8.
The application environment is easy to use and comprises all the tools and views for less experienced users. It contains complex tools for system administrators for application creation and maintenance at the same time.
For fast and clear overview of values and controls, dynamic pictures – technology schemas are the right means. The
schemas are of free-definable size and may contain following elements:
- text – free definable text with complete Windows font formatting properties
- bitmap – fixed size or stretchable, also possible as background picture
- value indicator/control – various shapes and sizes, free definable colours etc.
- button – jumps to another schema
- shape – basic geometric shapes
- line – connecting lines with pipe functionality
- animation – symbol changing bitmaps according to the state of one or more datapoints
- time program – week schedule
- heating curve – graphic representation of a four-point heating curve
- graph – online trend with one or more values
As bitmaps, *BMP, *JPG, *JPEG, *ICO, *GIF, *EMF, and *WMF files can be used. Files with dynamic screen definition are saved to the files with a *.SCH extension and each screen is stored in a separate file which makes servicing and upgrade easy.
Data point editor
The data editor is the basic component for creating of the database which is used for communication.
The data editor window contains two main parts:
- tree view
- datapoint table
The system is configured by defining and editing communication channels (serial lines, remote RS232 over Ethernet ports, OPC, etc.) and data points. Various editing functions and hot keys are available for copying, moving, inserting and deleting of datapoints incl. group functions. Within a datapoint, recalculation of measured to actual value can be made, as well as alarm limits and unit assignment. This is also where communication parameters are set. The basic application is ready in less than a hour.